Forte Consulting and Investigations is pleased to announce that Abel Crean, PE has joined our team as Senior Professional Engineer, performing and overseeing property investigations in the state of Florida.
As a veteran South Florida builder with a Civil Engineering degree, Abel is focused on the field of Forensic Engineering and structural inspections. He has over 20 years of construction experience and approximately 6 years determining the cause and origin of building component failures and providing expert witness testimony for the legal insurance and construction industries.
Abel comes from a long line of Irish craftsmen. His grandfather Dick Crean was a Contractor in Pennsylvania. His father Brian Crean was a Master Carpenter and taught his sons at a young age. Abel has operated a multifaceted construction and real estate investment company, before obtaining a Civil Engineering Degree from Florida International University, with a focus in structural engineering.
- Florida International University, Bacherlor’s In Science, Civil Engineering w/ focus in Structural Engineering (2012 – 2015)
- Broward College, Associate’s in Science w/ Highest Honors, Engineering (2009 – 2012)
- Atlantic Technical Center, Architectural Drafting, AutoCAD Drafting (2001 – 2002)
- Certified Post Tensioning inspector
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926 30 Hour
- Construction Training
- Certified Interior Environmental
- Professional Engineer
- Portuguese (Full Professional)
- English (Native or Bilingual)
- Spanish (Native or Bilingual)